Welcome to the Pawn Expo 22 Exhibitor Resource Center. This area is EXCLUSIVELY for exhibitors about exhibiting. It is your first stop in getting all those “frequently asked questions” answered immediately and finding the links that will make exhibiting streamlined and successful.
For all logistical and operational questions about exhibiting, please contact Veronica Costanza, Veronica@nationalpawnbrokers.org or call at 1-817-337-8830 press 3 or x1002.
For all questions about booth sales and sponsorship opportunities, contact Jody Kudless, Jody@nationalpawnbrokers.org or 1-732-252-9740
EXHIBITOR RESOURCES A-Z
EXHIBITOR KIT / EXHIBITING INFORMATION
Where do I find information about material handling, shipping, electricity, lighting, cases, and other items for my booth?
It will be emailed directly from HERITAGE Exposition Services in February along with a link to the online version that you can access here.
What does every 8×10 booth include?
Each booth comes with an 8-foot-high back drape and 36-inch side dividers. Booth dimensions are 8 feet deep by 10 feet wide, unless otherwise specified. Also provided, one (1) 6-foot draped table, two (2) chairs and one (1) wastepaper basket. Components of booth are subject to change based on current local county social distancing guidelines. Please refer to the Rules and Regulations link for information about noise levels and show floor conduct.
How can I display / hang signs in my booth?
Signs and banners can be hung in booth, provided they do not block other booths or aisles. Signs can be hung from the pipe using a “S” hook or zip ties that you provide, nothing can be pinned, stapled or taped to drape. Stand alone sign holders can be ordered from HERITAGE Expo Company.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE POLICY
May I offer food and beverage in my booth?
Yes, you may offer food and beverage in your booth. All items MUST be purchased through the hotel. Please refer to the Exhibitor Services Manual or contact us at veronica@NationalPawnbrokers.org for more information.
Are meals provided for my staff during trade show hours on Wednesday and Thursday?
There will be a trade show reception on Wednesday on the floor from 5-6pm. There will be a trade show lunch on both Wednesday and Thursday. Exhibitors may participate in these events as long as their booths are staffed.
Also, please remember to stay for the Vendor Appreciation Reception on Thursday from 5-6:30pm.
How much do hotel rooms cost, and how do I make my room reservation?
NPA Room Rate – $154 per night plus taxes (this already includes a $35 resort fee). The rate is available until June 1 but may sell out earlier. Reservations may be made online or by calling in. Click here to book your room at the NPA rate.
What are the insurance requirements for exhibitors?
As a standard requirement for all our show exhibitors, it is necessary for you to carry general liability coverage from an insurance company in good standing with minimum policy limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate. Insurance Coverage is not optional.
This insurance must be in force during the lease dates of the event, July 12-14, 2022, naming National Pawnbrokers Association (P.O. Box 420, Victor, NY 14564) as the certificate holder. The following must be named as additional insured: National Pawnbrokers Association and Caesars Palace.
All property of the exhibitor is understood to remain under its custody and control in transit, to and from, or within the confines of the Exhibit area. NPA and the exposition facility do not maintain insurance covering the exhibitors’ property.
How do I obtain the required insurance coverage?
If you already carry commercial general liability coverage, you can request a certificate from your insurance provider with the above specifications. If you do not have insurance, or would rather not use your own insurance, (similar to when you rent a car- so that claims would not be filed against your policy), we have set up a program with Rainprotection Insurance through which, you can purchase compliant insurance instantly online for only $84.
Click here to download Exhibitor Liability Insurance
Certificates of insurance must be sent to NPA by email to Veronica Costanza, email@example.com no later than June 1, 2022.
LIST OF ATTENDEES
How do I obtain an attendee list?
A pre-show and post-show attendee list containing mailing addresses (no email addresses or phone numbers) will be provided to exhibitors via email. The pre-show list will be sent the week of June 13, 2022, and the post-show list will be sent following Pawn Expo.
PHONE APPS FOR LEAD RETRIEVAL
What Apps do I need for my phone to have contact with attendees, schedules and lead retrieval?
You should download the following two Apps on your smartphone or Android:
QR Code Lead Retrieval App:
ProTip for exhibitors: If there will be multiple people for a single exhibitor at your event, suggest to your exhibitors to have everyone from the same organization log into the BadgeScanner app with a shared user name and password. This ensures there is only one CSV spreadsheet to download at the end of the event. (if everyone creates their own account, an exhibitor would have to have each person download their individual CSV spreadsheets and then merge them together)
Do I need to register myself and/or staff to gain access to the show floor?
Yes, you must register each member of your staff who will be on the show floor prior to the show by July 1, 2022. For each 8’ x 10’ booth, two complimentary full convention registration will be issued . Look for your registration codes for these complimentary booths in your welcome email on February 1. These are to be used by eligible booth personnel only. No children under 16 are permitted. Click here to register.
What if I have more staff coming? Can they register, and how much does it cost?
All staff must be registered prior to the show. Exhibitors may register additional staff for the trade show only at a rate of $250 per additional staff member. If they wish to attend the Welcome Reception, individual tickets may be purchased. To register additional booth staff, go to registration page.
What is the difference between the full convention registration and trade show only registration for my staff?
Any of your staff that use the full convention registrations have access to all convention events (education sessions, networking events, trade show), unless otherwise noted as “Pawnbroker Only” events. If you are not an NPA Industry Partner member, you do not have access to any “Member Only” events.
Any of your staff that is registered as trade show only have access to only the trade show and no other events.
Can my staff attend the education sessions and networking events?
Any of your staff that are full convention registrants may attend all convention events, unless otherwise noted as “Pawnbroker Only” events. If you are not an NPA Industry Partner member, you do not have access to any “Member Only” events.
Staff that is registered as trade show only may purchase individual tickets to the Welcome Reception if they wish to attend. This is the only event they may purchase individual tickets for.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Click here to download PAWN EXPO 22 RULES AND REGULATIONS for Exhibitors
Will there be security at the show? Will there be a secure room?
NPA will provide general security services at all times during the trade show and throughout the night. An overnight secure room will be available to exhibitors for items such as jewelry if you wish to use it. The room will be available Monday, July 11 from 5pm – 9am; Tuesday, July 12 from 12pm – 10am; Wednesday from 6pm – 9am.
If you do not have your own safe or locked container, see exhibit manual to rent a safe. If you are arriving early, safes are available behind hotel front desk free of charge, first come first serve, as well as briefcase sized safes in your hotel room. If you require special security services for your booth, please contact Veronica Costanza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE JEWELRY EXCHANGE (FORMERLY THE MARKETPLACE)
TRADE SHOW HOURS (INCLUDING SET-UP AND BREAKDOWN)
When is setup and breakdown?
Setup Hours: Tuesday, July 12, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Breakdown Hours: Thursday, July 14 – 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Early breakdown is not permitted. Penalties, up to loss of booth for future year(s), will be applied to any exhibitor who breaks down early.
Exhibitors are not permitted to be in the exhibit hall outside of the setup and breakdown hours, other than when the trade show is open. This will be strictly enforced for security purposes.
What if I need additional time to setup or breakdown?
If you require setup or breakdown time outside of the posted hours, you must make arrangements in advance with Veronica Costanza email@example.com.
What are the trade show hours?
Wednesday July 13 – Trade Show – 10am-6pm
Thursday July 14 – Trade Show — 9am-1pm
Don’t forget that your booth must be staffed at all times and early breakdown is not permitted. Any exhibitor that breaks down and/or leaves early will be penalized.
USEFUL MARKETING TIPS
Before the Show:
- Complete the Pawn Expo Exhibitor Checklist to ensure you are prepared for the show.
- Review the Exhibitor Services Manual from HERITAGE EXPOSITION SERVICES to arrange shipments and order booth related items. It contains information to help keep you stress free at the show. Items must reach HERITAGE Exposition Services warehouse no later than TBA
- Do not forget to order electricity if needed using the Electricity Request Form in the Exhibitor Services Manual.
- Prepare 3-6 engaging questions to ask customers.
- Determine your main message. Make it a single, memorable statement.
- Set measurable goals for the show.
- Pack a supply box with things like scissors, tape, paper clips, business cards, and other supplies.
- Visit your booth like an attendee would and note your impression/experience.
- Download the BadgeScanner app (iOS or Android) on your mobile device to use for Lead Retrieval.
During the Show:
- Establish a dress code for your staff - avoid things like shorts and flip flops. If they look professional, they will act it, and better represent your company.
- Have open body language. People can read attitude and closed body language.
- Stand in your booth, do not sit.
- Always greet people with a genuine smile and show enthusiasm for your product/service.
- Keep your booth neat and clean. Store excess materials under the draped table or behind the curtain.
- Set up your booth so people can enter it. Do not just sit behind the table.
- Have a prize drawing or contest to get people to your booth. This gives you an opportunity to gather names for your database.
- Give away a promotional item that they can use at the show such as luggage tags, hand sanitizer, customized notepads, or other items.
- Do not chew gum or eat at your booth. Breath mints are always a good idea.
- Remember to ask questions instead of just giving a sales pitch.
- Try the 80/20 rule – 80% listening, 20% talking. Those who listen more tend to have greater success.
- Staff your booth always.
- Appeal to people’s 5 senses: sight, touch, smell, sound, and taste.
- Host a demonstration of your product/service in your booth.
- Use the BadgeScanner app (iOS or Android) to scan attendee’s QR codes and make notes in the app to qualify the leads or make notes on business cards to remember them better and be able to give more personalized follow up.
- Do not close early.
After the Show:
- Follow up in a timely manner with personalized correspondence.
- Prioritize your follow up by category – hot leads, strong prospects, possible customers.
- Thank attendees during your follow up correspondence.